Over $11 Million in Sales at Mecum’s 2016 Denver Auction
402 Collector Cars Change Hands At The Two-Day Auction
Mecum Auctions continued its potent 2016 pace in Denver last weekend featuring a total of 611 vehicles across the auction block with 402 classic and collector cars hammering sold. Auction sale totals reached more than $11 million with top sales led by a superb R-Code 427-engined 1963 Ford Galaxie 500XL, which gaveled for $155,000. To review the full list of sales results, visit Mecum.com.
Top 10 sales at the Mecum Denver 2016 auction include (all individual sales reflect hammer prices):
- 1963 Ford Galaxie 500XL (Lot S37) at $155,000
- 1963 Chevrolet Corvette Split Window (Lot S128) at $140,000
- 1957 Chevrolet Corvette Resto Mod (Lot S98) at $135,000
- 1967 Chevrolet Corvette 427/400 HP Convertible (Lot S110) at $125,000
- 1970 Buick GSX Stage 1 (Lot S36) at $115,000
- 1966 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe (Lot S102) at $115,000
- 1967 Shelby GT500 Fastback (Lot S173) at $80,000
- 1986 Porsche 930 Turbo (Lot S170.1) at $80,000
- 1965 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (Lot S184) at $72,000
- 1970 Pontiac GTO Judge (Lot S160) at $67,000
Mecum’s next collector car auction will be the company’s annual Harrisburg event at the Pennsylvania Farm Show Complex, July 21-23. The following month will bring the return of Mecum Monterey 2016. “The Daytime Auction,” August 18-20 is slated to feature one of the finest selections Mecum Auctions has ever offered in Monterey, including exotic supercars, sports cars, classics, muscle cars and Corvettes.